Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
Which do you enjoy social networking on the most. I like my iPad Air but have never had a Macbook Air. I'm looking for a fun new toy. I don't do work on anything its just social networking and browsing. For gaming i use windows.

Thanks for any help!

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
I just got a new Early 2014 11" MacBook Air and love it! This is my second 11" Air, I had a 13" rMBP in between the two. Yes, there isn't much difference in portability between the two. I think aprox. a pound separates the two in weight and the back of the MacBook Air is about the same thickness as the entire rMBP but the Air seems so much more portable than that. Its also really a good little powerhouse. I have noticed no difference at all power wise. I upgraded my 11" to the i7 Processor and 8GB of RAM and a bigger HD so that may have helped, i'm not sure. I also have a iPad Mini Retina and use it on airplanes and such or just around the house when I don't want to unplug all the stuff I have connected to my Air. I think you should give it a try, if you find out that you don't like/need it just return it within the 14 days.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
If I'm not planning on doing much typing, the iPad Air is preferable for most situations. However, if I am going to be typing more than a little bit, I prefer my MBA. The only other time that I'll generally opt for my MBA over the iPad is if I'm multitasking (e.g. watching Netflix and catching up with the news, etc.) or when I am doing chores around the house or something and want to put my MBA on the counter and watch media or something. The MBA has pretty good speakers so I like it for those scenarios.

For casual social networking, though, the iPad Air is a fine choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.