iPad For those of you with both Air's...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iSheep5S, Jun 5, 2014.

1. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Which do you enjoy social networking on the most. I like my iPad Air but have never had a Macbook Air. I'm looking for a fun new toy. I don't do work on anything its just social networking and browsing. For gaming i use windows.

Thanks for any help!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

For social networking, IMO the MacBook Air would be overkill. I have an iPad Air and a MacBook Air, so does my Mom. For both of us, the MacBook Air is for work. If we didn't have to work, we'd probably just have iPads.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Since purchasing my iPad Air I rarely use my MacBook Air apart from creating back ups to iTunes and downloading.

All down to personal usage.

4. 617aircav Suspended

Sold my iPad the moment I bought the MacBook air. Since I have a portable laptop I can't see the need to also own a tablet.

5. iSheep5S thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

Aircav. That was where I was heading. Thanks. :) On the fence so I'll keep both and see how I get on.

6. ron7624, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014

ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

I'm torn. I don't think I would use the MBA that much, but I'm thinking of getting one. Just because I want that experience. It's yes one day, and Idonno the next:confused:
    It's about portability. To use an MBA away from home, I'd have to be connected to my rMini as a hotspot, so that is why I'm torn. It's not that portable - if you have the need to be connected. I don't have wifi at work...

7. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I think for me if it came down to iPad or MBA I'd probably go with the iPad. I like the apps that you can get for the iPad. A lot of things that I would do on a MBA I could do on my iPad.

8. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

Personally, I use my MBA for work so for you to say that you wouldn't use it for work makes me think you don't need it at least from the perspective of someone that has both and uses my MBA for work as I am a CEST major and dual boot windows and Mac OS from my MBA.