For Those Running WatchOS 2 GM

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cwosigns, Sep 16, 2015.

1. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I am running the iOS 9 GM on my 6 Plus and WatchOS 2 GM on my watch. I am not showing the iOS 9 update in settings. It says my software is up-to-date, even though the release today is a different build number than the GM.

I restarted but the update, which I understand to be about 40 MB, is still not showing. Just wondering if those of you on the GM on both iPhone and Apple Watch are seeing the update or not? Wondering if the WatchOS 2 profile on the phone is somehow causing the issue.

Also, when WatchOS 2 is released, will our watches be able to update without issue?

2. darkarw macrumors regular

I don't know if the profile is causing your issue or not, but i deleted the profile after installing the GM on my watch and I got the update pushed to my phone today.

3. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

I deleted the profile, am restarting my phone. We'll see if that helps.

4. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

That may have been the issue; update is downloading now.

5. darkarw macrumors regular

6. Talkingtoaster, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

Talkingtoaster macrumors regular

Talkingtoaster

Where is the profile saved?? Used to be in settings/general/profiles above VPN.

Seems like the profiles will only show if you have one installed. I installed the watch 2.0 gm one and didn't delete it so where has it gone?

7. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Where do I delete the profile?

8. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Same location as described above - Settings/General/Profile - if you don't have the profile option listed, you don't have a profile installed. It shows when you add a profile. If you have a profile and delete it, the profile choice disappears.

I know others have deleted the profile and rebooted and still can't get IO9 to show - still says 9.1 is the latest. Myself included though I wasn't sure I was going to downgrade as I like the extra emoji's.

9. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Ahh, I must have deleted it after I installed WatchOS2 GM. Hopefully once the final version comes out I won't have an issue updating.

10. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

You may have to load the apple watch app on your phone and go to general/profiles and delete the watchOS 2 beta profile. Seems like people had luck going from IOs9.1 beta to IOs9 release by deleting the profile but that didn't work for me. I would have assumed that would work as well - even after a reboot.

I was able to install my first Complication on OS2 GM and that was nice to see - though I don't care for another weather complication.

11. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

It's not there. Must have deleted it and forgot. Thought I was going crazy looking for it. I knew it was always under general.

12. BlueMoon63, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Happens to me as well.. the older I get and the fact that it disappears if you delete a profile can make you think you jsut don't know where it is... Up above, it sounded like you can delete the OS9 9.1 beta and reboot the phone and it will then let you download OS9 release - and I can say that doesn't work. I know it can be done, but you will probably lose all of your watch activity data. I think 9to5MAC has the proper feature for downgrading but I think I will stay with 9.1