For those stil waiting - are you 8GB or 16?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrhockey123, Sep 27, 2007.

1. mrhockey123 macrumors regular

I hate starting another thread, but I felt this deserved one.
    Inspired by the WestWorld Vancouver sightings of Touches, I just called the Edmonton store.

I was told they HAD several 16G this week, and sold out (don't know when more are coming)

but the other thing he said was that they did not receive any 8G units because THEY HAVE BEEN HALTED BY APPLE. He said something is wrong with them, and they have no ETA on when they will have any of these.

Maybe if we all post what we're waiting for (8 Vs 16) we might confirm this pattern.

Also, if anyone else can call their Macworld stores or BB's or futureshops et all and find out what they have / if they have had 8GB, that would help!

Mods, I know we have a lot of these threads, but PLEASE give us a bit of leeway here

2. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

waiting for 16Gb engraved...and have been waiting for a week already and it not even in the country yet:(

c'mon hurry up:mad:

3. bezdaniel macrumors member

Order date sept 7, 8 gig, order number w309, prepare for shipment since Monday, location Montreal.

4. mrhockey123 thread starter macrumors regular

Please post your *size*

Mine is an 8GB ordered on the 12th W311

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Um... there are a lot of people that ordered on 5 September and are still waiting. See how long other people are waiting before you go off saying how unlucky YOU yourself are.

I ordered a 16GB on the tenth, it's been prepared for shipment since last night.

6. Corsairkid macrumors member

8gb, ordered Sept 10, engraved, shipped 25th, arrived today (27):D

7. dooker777 macrumors member

Just ordered 16gb

Just ordered one today (16gb). Ship date is quoted at 10/9-10/12, and delivery several days after that. So this might indicate that they aren't able to meet demand for whatever reason.

8. REDACTED macrumors newbie

Ordered 9/5 at 12:24, 16G engraved shipping to Maryland, still NOT YET SHIPPED. Counting down the hours till I can call and give Apple holy hell.

9. ralphd macrumors newbie

ordered an 8gig the 19th , has been prepared for shipment since yesterday morning.

10. bezdaniel macrumors member

Watch them all get on a plane tonight at the last possible second.

11. ralphd macrumors newbie

just an idea , but maybe theyre uploading the new update onto our ipods prior to shipping them?
    Maybe thats why ours are a bit late

12. mrhockey123 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think that's possible. That would mean our ipods have not been manufactured yet, because if they have, they would be in boxes. Apple isn't dumb enough to take them all away from Fedex, unwrap them, plug them all into computers (or turn them on so they can wifi them, and download firmware. It will be much faster for us to do it at home. I hope they all get shipped at the last second too but quite frankly I stopped holding my breath a week after i ordered

13. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Ordered 13th September, Status: "Not Yet Shipped", 8GB no engraving, Ship by Date 28th September, Delivery Date 9th-10th October

14. Pauljb macrumors newbie

8G, engraved, ordered Sept 8, been "Prepared for shipment" since Saturday evening.