For Those That Couldn't Add Applecare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by X3NIA, Oct 8, 2011.

1. X3NIA macrumors member

Got this at 2PM today, I ordered yesterday at 10AM:

I replied to the email as I am interested in it, We'll see what happens.

2. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

Got the same email and I had ordered through the Apple app. Haven't reaponded yet though.

3. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

If you respond it adds it to your order (I got the email twice and responded twice).

4. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

5. wurt macrumors member

This is only for people who ordered from apple.com.

People who ordered from carrier websites are still S.O.L.

6. TazExprez macrumors member

I called Apple today and was told that I could take my unopened iPhone 4S to an Apple store and get AppleCare+ added there. The CSR emphasized that I should not open the box.

I ordered from Sprint.com and could have purchased AppleCare+ right away, but I didn't because I thought that Sprint's TEP would work with this phone. I would have preferred TEP because it covers everything, including loss and theft. Now I learned that Sprint's TEP does not work with this phone, so I called Apple and got the answer above.

7. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

They are crazy if they think I'm not opening the box when it gets here.

8. 2010RS macrumors 6502

9. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

Right. Obviously if you show up at Apple Fri-Sat your phone is brand new. Opened Box or not. If I decide to add AppleCare I will point this out. If not $99 loss for Apple then.

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

This. Knowing Apple I am pretty sure they'll accommodate you, at least for the first 30 days. I mean, you can return your iPhone and buy a new one with AppleCare+ if they don't, so it makes no sense to deny us.

11. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

You can add any Applecare warranties within one year of your device purchase. Is something changed on that front that we now need to buy it with phone ?

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes. It's AppleCare+, not AppleCare. Two different products.

13. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Has anyone responded and not had Applecare+ added to their order yet? I received the email from Apple yesterday and responded to go ahead and add it to my order. Yesterday, my order was still processing and today when I check it is "preparing for shipment" but no Applecare+ added to my order.

14. MRiOS macrumors regular

Yeah, I responded to that email around 11AM yesterday, and today it shows that my iPhone 4S is Preparing for shipment and AppleCare + is still Processing.

Attached Files:

15. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I replied twice, and they added it twice, so I had to cancel one (made me nervous wondering if I'd delay my order somehow)

16. sddabrow macrumors 6502

I didn't order AppleCare + when I ordered from Sprint since I had no idea what it was.

Now there is no way to order it from sprint without canceling my order and re-ordering online and adding it.

Talked to Apple and they can't help either - only way is to head into an Apple store this week before my iPhone arrives and purchase it there.