Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

headcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Did it take 3 weeks to ship as advertised on apple.com? I don't really want to have to keep stalking my local Apple store for the white bumper but I don't really want to wait 3 weeks either :eek:

Please respond with your timeline (date ordered/date received) and any other helpful info.

Merci!

headcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
hmmm

The Apple Store app on my iPhone says 3 weeks and apple.com on my computer says 5-7 business days. Anyone know which one it is?

headcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I know MR frowns upon bumping your own threads...

But I really am not meaning to!! Turns out the black bumper is 5-7 business days and all others are 3 weeks.

So what have been others' experiences? Has is taken this long?

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
when i ordered my white bumper, it said 3weeks, so i ordered it, and then checked status, it did say something like 26th of july for delivery, but about 3 hours later i got a dispatch email saying it had been sent!

had the bumper 2days later :cool:

(this was the UK apple online store)

headcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Thanks for the reply Mikey! I am in the US so it may be a bit different.

Anyone in the US have a similar experience?

OC513

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
NYC
I had been stalking my local Apple stores for a week and none had bumpers.....so I gave in and ordered one from the Apple website. The next day I called a local Apple store yet again and sure enough they had them. I went and bought it and came home and canceled my online order. You could do the same or worst case if it shipped after you got one in a store you can just return it.

zelaya

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I placed my order on June 30th for two bumpers and one of them got a door tag from fedex today:mad: and still waiting for the white one. I know from experience if you call the apple store during lunch is where they might have them since they get their shipment during lunch hours.

headcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Thanks for the input guys :) Ordered my white and just called the Apple store (only had black and green).

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I ordered my orange and green bumpers on June 25th. It said shipped date "on or before July 16th"

Just got email it just shipped Green in July 10th and Orange on July 12th. However both have delivery date July 15th.

It's currently in Hong Kong now. So it's really a three week wait.

I did pick up a blue bumper at Apple retail store on July 2nd. They had white but sold out quickly. The blue is okay. But I am going to return it. Worse case us I pay a $2.9 restocking fee on the blue although I am pretty sure they won't charge me a restocking fee since there is no serial number associated with bumper receipt.

So in conclusion look for three week wait.

My freaking iPad camera kit took 4 weeks to deliver. Not what's going on with Apple supply chain. My iMac took 2-3 weeks to ship also earlier this years.

headcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Does anyone know if Apple will take back my black bumper without the original packaging? I have the receipt but I think I'll like the white one better and I don't need 2 :)

Before you ask they only had the black when I waited in line on launch day and I needed something for protection. I've only used it a few times anyway...

foiden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
The only bumpers the Apple stores got, around here, were Black Bumpers and a few Greens. Actually, in Maryland, multiple Apple stores got a multitude of Black Bumpers. You're lucky to get Blue. That was one of the main bumper colors I really wanted. Though I do want to keep the black one. I also like that one.

However, Blue and that somewhat Orange color are my most sought after colors. And I'm not just looking at Apple ones. Even the third party ones I can't find in either of those colors. I'm guessing stores just can't hold onto Blue.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Does anyone know if Apple will take back my black bumper without the original packaging? I have the receipt but I think I'll like the white one better and I don't need 2 :)

Before you ask they only had the black when I waited in line on launch day and I needed something for protection. I've only used it a few times anyway...

you're kidding right?

nosser

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2005
Orange County California
I ordered two bumpers pink and white on June 28 and they were suppose to ship by July 16. I recently got the email on the 10th saying they were shipped and should be received on the 15th. I was able to find every color in my local apple store except white, so I picked up a pink one for the wife and will be returning the one once I receive it. I may go back to apple and pick up a green one if there are any left.

headcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Yes I frequently kid about things to strangers on the interwebz.

I figured it was a "no" but a lot of times retailers will take back anything.

But thanks for the snide remarks!

Anyone actually know?

headcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Foiden- where are you in MD? Seems that all Towson and Columbia have are black every time I call/stop by. I saw a green one on Friday but I didn't like it.

I really want white :)

labrat1996

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Lenexa, Kansas
I ordered my white bumper on the 18th of June and it was shipped on July 10 to arrive by July 15th. I have since found a case I really like so my white bumper is probably going into a drawer or I will return it. Will the Apple store accept it for a return or do I have to send it back?

JLemm

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Ordered mine on June 29th mine said delivers by July 16th, FedEx said it should be here tomorrow! when I ordered apple said it should be here between july 21-24

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i ordered pink and white on the 29th..... the pink one shipped the 9th, said delivery on the 15th but i got it today.... the white one is showing "prepared for shipment"....

both were supposed to ship by july 16th; delivers july 17 - july 21

headcheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
That's not too bad jlemm and cali!

I am totally going to do that labrat!! Promise you'll hear from me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.