iPad mini for those that own an iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ron7624, Sep 10, 2015.

1. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I just ordered a Mini 4 - I'm wondering if the below post from a different thread has any merit.
    Here is the post
    :
    "Mini 4 having the anti-reflective coating from the Air 2 is a huge letdown. Impossible to remove all smudges and fingerprints from my Air 2. Makes for an incredibly ugly screen."
    So I'm wondering if this is a wide spread complaint or if the poster has grimey fingers o_O

I've never used a screen protector and dont plan on starting.

2. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I do find that the Air2 screen gets dirty faster and is a little harder to clean with just a microfiber cloth than previous models. It's not the end of the world, just a little annoying.

4. Serickmetz macrumors 6502

Serickmetz

I have no problems whatsoever with my air 2 screen. Fingerprints and smudges wipe up easy and clean. I love the sexy look of my air2 screen right after wiping it down. Mmmmmm.....

It sounds like that person is just super picky or bad at cleaning or gross. Could be a mixture of all those things.

5. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

Perfect. Thanks for your replies. I wasn't really worried but had to ask.

6. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

the screen will look greasy, atleast mine looks, and it takes more time to wipe it to look clean. And im not suoer picky or bad at cleaning, that is just a simple fact that all my other devices are much easier to to clean to look clear totally. I dont say it is hard or impossible but not as easy as with other devices...

7. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

Cool. Personally, I have 3 idevices and have never cleaned any of them. I do have microfiber covers 2 of them live in. The Mini lives in my back pocket, and wipe it on my t shirt occasionally. I don't think I'll have a problem. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

8. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

The Air 2 has a coating that gives a purple hue that can be seen when the screen is turned off. This may make it appear more smudged or highlight smudges more, I'm not quite sure. I do know that I have no issues with it and smudges and fingerprints clean off nicely. This is actually the first iPad I have used without a screen protector on for that very reason!

9. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

This is my Air2 after using it... as you can see, you will notice everything on it. This is the reality and if you are obsessive to see it as clean, prepare to have that microfiber with you.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441986781.767709.jpg

10. mrex, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

And this is the same device after using a dry microfiber and wiping the screen for 30seconds or so...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441987210.966183.jpg

Only way to get it clear is to use some moisture (e.g. to breath alittle bit against the screen). Well probably i dont need to take a pic of that clear screen :D but i would say, it is abit harder because all stuff is visible on the screen.

11. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

As mrex says, breathing on the screen before wiping makes a huge difference. I always do this and it cleans up nicely.

12. ron7624, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

Just wondering, does the iPad Pro have the same screen?
    I went and looked, and it does. so the problem cleaning the glass will be on the Pro as well,

13. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

This is from the tech specs on the Apple website:

PRO

Retina display

• 12.9-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display
    • 2732-by-2048 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
    • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
    • Fully laminated display
    • Antireflective coating
    MINI 4

Retina display

• 7.9-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display
    • 2048-by-1536 resolution at 326 pixels per inch (ppi)
    • Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
    • Fully laminated display
    • Antireflective coating