For those that use Milo.com for inventory checks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DiamondMac, Mar 21, 2011.

1. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

A slew of Best Buy's near me have iPad 2's per Milo.com. But rather than having available or unavailable, it says "Call Store" for all of them

Does this mean that I can reserve one over the phone with a CC? Or just that Milo.com is not exactly sure and thus I need to call the store for more information?

2. MSUSpartan macrumors 6502

Never heard of Milo.com until now. I went to a Best Buy tonight that showed them in stock on BestBuy.com but when I went there they told me no. They're still shown as "Call Store" or "In stock" under different models on Milo.com, I guess it doesn't mean much.

Best bet is probably just to call them though, but they'll probably tell you they don't have them or they are for reservations.

3. frenzo142 macrumors member

Re: DiamondMac

DiamondMac: I noticed that too. The Best Buys at Pentagon City and Tenleytown both have the models I've been looking for. However I'm unable to drive out to either place to check on them. Hopefully they'll still be there tomorrow.

On a sidenote, have you checked with any Targets in the area?

4. DiamondMac thread starter macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I actually went by foot to the local BestBuy in Pentagon Square and they had none this morning. Then again, this morning the Milo.com website had none on their site. Then tonight a slew just came on.

I will call tomorrow and give an update

Just wanted to double check what Call Store meant exactly

5. frenzo142 macrumors member

Awesome, and good luck. I'm really hopeful that with more reports coming in that people are finding inventory at various stores, even later in the day, the 'extreme' demand has reduced and there's more hope for us.

6. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

BB's are hit and miss because of reserves. Even if it shows them in stock, they normally don't sell them to you. Of course, some have gotten them, but in my case, they wouldn't budge.

7. frenzo142 macrumors member

Thanks to www.milo.com, I think I really lucked out today. It's actually weird how it turned out.

I did a quick search before leaving work and I found that a Best Buy in Arlington, Va. had the exact model I wanted. When I got there, there were none. So I asked at the computer service counter, where they were holding reservations.

Turns out a few people missed their 48hr (4 p.m.) deadline to pick up their iPads, right when I got into the store. The guy there was like, "If these people do not want their iPads, and I have willing customers in front of me, I'm going to sell it." Haha!

Now, I'm a proud owner of a 16G AT&T Black iPad 2 :apple: