for those that used the free iPod nano promotion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macbie, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Macbie macrumors member

did any of you guys still able to return your MBPs even after you guys cut off the UPC code from the box for rebate purpose? got 4 pixels visible only in a black background

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are you saying you only have four pixels working in the entire screen, or do you have four stuck pixels on an otherwise faultless display? If it's the former, you'll be able to get help from Apple quite easily irrespective of how much paper you've been cutting up. If it's the latter, Apple won't do jack all for you, even if you hadn't been playing origami with your Apple box.

3. Macbie thread starter macrumors member

stuck pixels i mean, as i look more and more close to the black screen i noticed it's more than 4 dots now
    do they do anything about bleeding?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well you don't need the box to get repairs. If it's really bothering you, then call AppleCare up. I'm just warning you now though, they don't typically help out all that much with stuck pixels.

If they're stuck and not dead (coloured, not black) and it sounds like they are, then try rubbing them gently to bring 'em back to life. Also, play a movie behind them overnight. Sometimes the rapid colour changing can help too.

5. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

well, for places like best buy and circuit city, i have heard that when they exchange items whose upc has been cut out, that the store employees will remove the upc as well (you return an item with upc missing....you receive an item with upc missing)

it seems like a good compromise in order to cut down on fraud.

i don't think they cover bleeding (at that point, i think it is nitpicking) but 4 dead pixels is more substantive.

6. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

What is the best way to check for the stuck pixels?

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Look at your screen. ;)

...and if you don't notice any off-colored pixels, there isn't a problem! :)

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Just gently rub out the stuck pixels with your finger.