For those upgrading on AT&T site with unlimited data plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DiamondMac, Oct 7, 2011.

1. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Did you all get the same error message that I got saying that your unlimited plan wasnt acceptable and that you had to pick a new plan?

I know it then let you pick the unlimited data plan...but what was the reason for saying that the unlimited plan wasnt acceptable then having us pick the unlimited.

Maybe I am just completely over-thinking it but I felt like AT&T was trying to get everyone to move onto a new "unlimited plan" and lord knows what AT&T put in those terms.

2. hushmartin macrumors 6502

I just order on att's website, no problems whatsoever. I got to a screen that said that, but it said that it had "already selected a compatible data plan for you", which happened to be the 30 dollar unlimited plan. So, all I ended up doing was entering my cc info and clicking buy or continue or whatever that button said.

You're totally overthinking it.

3. Spizzo macrumors 6502

I'm on the ATT site (Can't order from apple because my billing is to a PO Box) and I can't check out because it says no data plans are available. :mad:

4. fender57 macrumors 6502

Agreed. AT&T is allowing the grandfathered unlimited data folks to keep theirs for all eternity it seems. A few months ago I gave my old 3GS to my daughter as an iPod touch. We decided to give her a phone line, so I took it to AT&T and they allowed me to put it on the unlimited plan, so long as I signed a 2-year agreement. I don't think any shenanigans are being pulled here nor will they pull any.

Choking data off to the abusers is another story however...

5. tlbwriter macrumors regular

Wait... you added a line and they allowed you to add an unlimited data plan?