Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
What additions to the Pro would move you to purchasing the Pro 2?

I'm on the fence getting the Pro so I'm curious what would make other holdouts more likely to bite? 3D Touch? Lighter?

BradWould

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada

I'm on the fence getting the Pro so I'm curious what would make other holdouts more likely to bite? 3D Touch? Lighter?
It does not have 3D Touch and its heavier than the iPad Air... So those 2 items are probably not the best reasons to update.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015

When Apple added 3D Touch to the iPhone it increased the weight, it's probably for that reason alone that they left it out of the iPad Pro.

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
When Apple added 3D Touch to the iPhone it increased the weight, it's probably for that reason alone that they left it out of the iPad Pro.

Good point that coupled with possible supply chain is perhaps why they left it out.

If this version included it, I would definitely be purchasing Pro 1; but since it doesn't have it, I find myself wanting to hold out to Pro 2 (presumably next year).

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
For me, nothing. I don't like the 3D touch on my new 6s Plus....seems like a pointless gimmick to me. I also am not a big fan of how fast the touch ID is, so I like the touch ID on the Pro.

I'm going out on this limb and say that next year won't have a new pro. We will be in alternating years for iPads. This year was pro, next is air 3, year after that is pro 2, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.