For those who are ineligible for that upgrade with ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by okayjustin, Jul 1, 2008.

1. okayjustin macrumors member

I'm not eligible for that upgrade for the price $199 for the iPhone at launch. Therefore maybe I was thinking I can get it at the Apple Store for 199 and then just use that? Does Apple sell it for that much? Or do I really have to pay that price of 599 or whatever it was just because I'm not eligible for the upgrade anywhere I go, ATT or Apple ??

Unless there are other ways to get this iPhone without having to shell out that much cash please anyone let me know! :/

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

No, Apple will sell the phone for the same amount as AT&T under the same circumstances.

MAYBE, just MAYBE they might show up on ebay after a certain period of time.

3. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

Apple stores will have access to the ATT database and will be activating on-site before customers leave. The Apple price will be the same as the ATT price for each customer, depending on that customer's eligibility status.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The $199/299 price is the subsized upgrade price. If you are not qualified you are not going to get the price. Period.

You can get the "non qualified" price of 399/499 though. The $599/699 price is the "no contract" price.

5. tedrjr03 macrumors regular

tedrjr03

if i get a iphone from a fried will i be eligable for an upgrade?