For those who aren't in love with their new 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by accountforit, Sep 21, 2014.

1. accountforit macrumors 6502a

....I am right there with you. It is growing on me, but I am still not totally sold. This is the first time, after an iPhone release, that I have considered going backwards and re-buying the previous model (5s).

- I don't think the extra screen real estate makes my experience much better.

- It's still quite big when in your pocket. (The PLUS is just absurd big IMO)

- It's clearly much harder to handle for one handed operation.

- It seems like it's harder to hear people who call unless I have the speaker cranked almost all the way up and the phone in just the right position on my ear.

- The design is no where near as nice as the 5s, and I do agree that it could basically pass for a Samsung phone at a glance.

- It's hard to pick up/sit down due to the curved edges and thinness which makes it easier to drop. (I have a slim case coming so that may help)

However, I like it more today than I did the past few days. I am learning to live with it, but I am still undecided as to whether or not I will sell it and re-buy a 5s. I guess you don't know what you have until it's gone, huh? The 5s seems to be a perfect size...for me at least.

You are not alone.

2. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Similar thing happened to me when I upgrade to the five from the 4S. It didn't feel like the extra screen real estate was worth much.

I still maintain that the 4/4S was the best design from Apple thus far.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Those phones were beautiful! Wish they kept that design moving forward..

5. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

The 4S is nice in terms of design but the 3.5" screen is way too small now. I can't wait to get me an iPhone 6. Just torn on which colour to get. Either black/space grey or white/silver.

6. neteng101 macrumors 65816

The 4S is the original iPhone totally perfected IMO. 5/5S was sort of weird, it gained more vertical display with no width increase, which made it feel a bit a awkward/weird.

Btw - saw your signature, I was playing with some Windows phones today, I notice they seem to have a bit of a lag ie. animations, loading up content, etc. It was on various Nokia models and the HTC One M8 too. You noticed any of that? Just felt a lot more unpolished vs. iOS/Android.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I agree the screen is too small. I think you should do Silver :D

8. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

Well that's what I just did. After much (and I do mean much) self deliberation I went with the 64GB white/silver iPhone 6. I hope Zagg screen protectors are available in store by the time my phone arrives. I have a Zagg protector on my current 4S and it's excellent.

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Bububut this is what EVERYONE wanted! Apple was DOOMED if they didn't follow the pundits on MR and countless other tech sites who insisted Apple needed to "step up their game" and "innovate" by following Samsung with outrageously large screen sizes!

Guess what? This is what happens when it's assumed that the people who yell the loudest speak for everyone.