For those who bought Crystal and feel cheated.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TheSacredSoul, Sep 25, 2015.

1. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

Apple is issuing refunds. I just got confirmation of mine. Granted, it's just a dollar app but if it matters to you, please ask for a refund.

2. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Why? What happened?

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I acquired the app free in its early release.

Why do you feel "cheated" ?

Theirs going to be a setting within the App so it stays as it is if you want.

4. msephton macrumors regular

msephton

5. miknos macrumors 6502a

miknos

Anyone would accept the offer.

He's going to get paid to make a default list with "acceptable ads". Most users say that they start using ad blockers due to unacceptable ads.

In my case, I would continue to block ALL ads. It's just a toggle in app options. The app will continue to work as usual. Just a different default "option" that you can switch.

6. WordsmithMR macrumors 6502

WordsmithMR

Isn't it silly that people are willing to pay people for something they were already doing xD I love technology :D

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

8. lionsy macrumors 6502

9. KALLT, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

KALLT macrumors 601

Just check out the articles that The Verge recently wrote on this topic. They are super pissed that Apple is allowing content blockers and have been sensationalising this. That’s all you need to know about the tone of their articles and their credibility on this topic. They were just begging for stories that undermine the credibility of adblockers, like Peace being retracted due to ethical concerns and Crystal partnering with a company that in some opinionated circles is considered to be crooked. Don’t expect them to give Crystal the opportunity for a rebuttal. It’s the modern equivalent of a witch hunt.

I feel sorry for the developer of Crystal that has to endure the shortsighted attitude of App Store customers who will happily destroy the otherwise good reputation he has earned over the last week. Like a locusts swarm.

10. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

The developer stated that you'll be able to block all ads if you choose. Research it.