For those who bought the 2012 base 27" with Fusion drive...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by C-Dub, Dec 29, 2012.

1. C-Dub macrumors member

For those who bought the base 2012 27" with fusion drive (2.9GHz i5, 8GB memory, 1TB Fusion, GTX 660M)?

How are you liking your iMac? What do you use it for and is it smooth enough?

2. Wagnel macrumors newbie

I'll let you know when I get it. Ordered Dec 11th, still processing...

3. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

I get mine Monday. I will post back how I like it. It just departed Alaska. :)

4. Phils01 macrumors member

I got mine for Xmas - came a few days earlier !! It's my first mac - I absolutely love it :D:D

Although the new OS is taking some getting used to

5. Wakeywarrior macrumors member

Yes it's totally smooth.

Only real problem, and it is a software problem, is with iMovie. I have uploaded a lot of small videos into iPhoto with the photos, and iMovie asks when you first open it whether you want to thumbnail all these movies. I clicked yes- big mistake, it then hangs for around 10 seconds every time you open it whilst it thumbnails all the movies.

This is apparently a well known issue with iMovie and iPhoto, both of which are not the most intuitive of software to use.

Apart from that, and it hanging when my external DVD writer could not read a badly scratched disc, no problems. Unless you want to play the latest 3 d games on top settings at native resolution, it will do everything with aplomb.

6. Tanax macrumors 6502a