Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
I'm not brave enough to use the Max without a case!

For those that have an X, is it easier to grip than say a 7 Plus? Cause my 7 Plus is very slippery

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I guess for me it’s not just the issue of replacing (because with the AC+, that’s not a huge issue), but I like my phones to look good. It bothers me when my stuff gets that scuffed up used look. ;-p

Seriously though, I have sold phones and devices in mint condition to people that have messaged me surprised that they truly did look like new. I just like to keep my stuff looking like that.

Reactions: TheBacklash

TheBacklash

Suspended
Oct 23, 2013
Thats why I got apple care+ for 10$ a month. $29 to replace up to 2 screen breaks and only 99 if whole device needs replaced.
And the DOWNTIME and hassle I mentioned earlier..

If my iPhone breaks today, The nearest Apple store is 80 miles away.
Appointment.
Drive time.
Time off work.
Doubt they are done same day, so longer.
I'm sure there is a send in process, but again... downtime for multiple days each way.

But it's "covered!"
[doublepost=1537233682][/doublepost]
I guess for me it’s not just the issue of replacing (because with the AC+, that’s not a huge issue), but I like my phones to look good. It bothers me when my stuff gets that scuffed up used look. ;-p

Seriously though, I have sold phones and devices in mint condition to people that have messaged me surprised that they truly did look like new. I just like to keep my stuff looking like that.
Same here. Every year I turn in my old phone, even my 2 year old iPhone.. looks new.

Reactions: ssledoux

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
As mentioned before, I've been using my iPhones naked for several years. I think the last time I broke the screen was with 6+. That thing was brittle.

7+ and X was subject to multiple drops. Came away with hairline scratches, not cracks. 7+ was perhaps a big surprise for me in that it was dropped (more accurately, flung) flat on a brick road and the screen didn't crack at all.

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
As mentioned before, I've been using my iPhones naked for several years. I think the last time I broke the screen was with 6+. That thing was brittle.

7+ and X was subject to multiple drops. Came away with hairline scratches, not cracks. 7+ was perhaps a big surprise for me in that it was dropped (more accurately, flung) flat on a brick road and the screen didn't crack at all.

How far were the drops for the X?

cappo3

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
I carry my X naked since I got it back in December. The stainless steel band is getting opaque and the corners of the rear glass are scratched. The screen has some light hairlines. The camera glass is perfect, the chrome edge has some roughness to it by now, since it's the main contact point with all hard surfaces.
I do not baby my phone, actually it gets handled in a pretty brutal fashion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.