For those who have an iPhone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AmazingTechGeek, Jun 3, 2016.

1. AmazingTechGeek macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

1. How do you like it? (How long have you had it)

2. Would you wait for the 7 or 7s?

3. Whenever you decide to upgrade, do you plan on switching colors?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

1. 6s+. I like it a lot except for the camera bulge and fugly antenna bands. iOS 9 I don't like.

2. I am waiting for the 7 only if the form factor changes. If the 7 is more of the 6 series styling I will be waiting for next year's phone.

3. No, unless Apple offers black again. I hate Space Gray but it's as close as I can get to black as Apple will allow.

3. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

1. 6s+. I like it. Sometimes I consider downgrading to the smaller size.

2. I will wait for next year as that is the 10 year anniversary and major changes are supposedly in store like OLED screens. I want the most bang for my buck so dropping a few hundred every year isn't economical or smart.

3. I'm fine with Rose Gold. I keep it in the White Apple Silcone case so the rose gold trim is still seen to some degree and looks nice. The rose gold urBeats compliment them as well. If I were to change I would just go silver. Tired of all black phones for now.

4. FlashPoint macrumors newbie

1. I have it for about 3 months, love it but battery usage and storage I chose (16g) bother me a little, as iOS has no a detailed and accurate cache/temp cleaner system that causes me to restore iPhone to get rid out of them.

2. I love it as long as works great, and you know, apple has a strategy to make it's older products useless so their owners will have to buy newest product!
    Remember how app store apps leave older iOS versions or just get too slow and unstable in their newest updates, maybe you don't believe, but that was only reason forced me to switch from my 3GS to 6S!

3. I always prefer white/silver colors, although it's depends on it's style.

5. bufffilm, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016

bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

1. 6s bought in late Oct
    2. 2017 (not eligible for new phone until Oct 2017)
    3. Prefer black, got the SG

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Still very much undecided on the iPhone 7

Same design is annoying but it depends what else the phone has. Think it's unlikely I get the 7 at this stage but knowing me chances are I could buy it but really does depend on the added features. Just want to see the camera get on par with my S7 edge which is easily have a better camera to me

7. nordique macrumors 6502a

1) I had a 6s since launch (which I passed on to my mother about a month ago) and it was one of my favourite phones ever. An incredible device, very fast and just a great "all around" device. It is also a little power house and fantastic for multitasking, the first iPhone I could genuinely say that about. One of the best phones on the market right now, and in my opinion one of the best iPhones Apple has made to date.

2) Depends on how much you need a new phone, at this point in time I would wait since the 7 is around the corner. I do not think the 7 is going to be much of an upgrade (A9 is already a very, very powerful mobile chip; 7 is purported to still have 2GB of RAM; similar dimensions purportedly; more or less same design sans antenna band redesign) but next year's iPhone sounds intriguing. Still, it is best to wait regardless as the new iPhone may not have a headphone jack which may be important to some people and theres a chance it could have a better display (higher res perhaps); furthermore the 6s will be cheaper come September. So I would wait, even if you don't plan on getting the 7 of whatever the 2016 iPhone ends up being called.

3) I always tell myself I do but keep going to the same old boring black face. I just like the black border vs the white border especially for media. Have a Space Grey SE and love it. My 5 is silver/white and its very sharp in appearance but theres something about having an all black front and how that works with the screen that I prefer

8. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

I'll keep my 6s and pass until next year when the iPhone 8 (Apple will probably pass on the 7s this time around) comes out. 6s is more than enough for me. Apple will get my money this year for the MacBook Pro 2016 model

9. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

like? - its fine, like the size over the 5S (that i run for work)
    7/7S? - i only buy S phones. not sure if i will go with a 7, until i hear the details.
    Colour? - Space grey, would be sticking with it if its offered.

10. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

1. I love it! It's very speedy and definitely the best iPhone I have ever had. I bought it shortly after it was released back in October.
    2. I doubt I will be upgrading in the fall (especially considering that the 7 or whatever they call it doesn't sounds like it will be a big upgrade to my current phone). Good chance I will upgrade in fall 2017 (for the 7s or whatever makes its debut then). That said it sounds like you are asking if you should upgrade now or wait for the 7? It depends on your situation and if you can wait until the fall for a new phone. Buying an iPhone when it is close to being replaced as the flagship model is usually something I avoid. If the 7 doesn't appeal to you when it is released the 6s will probably still be around and will be cheaper.
    3. Currently have the Space Grey and since I prefer the black front I wouldn't change colours at this point. I might be tempted by a gold and black version though...

11. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

1. I have enjoyed it. Although it's certainly not a huge upgrade over the 6.

2. I'm on the IUP, so I most likely will upgrade to the 7 when its released.

3. I have the silver 6s. I'm either going with gold or space gray for the 7.

12. AmazingTechGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

Do you still like the silver color?

13. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

1. iPhone 6s and 6s Plus is one of the best iPhones Apple has came out with. I had one since September on launch day. I have since bought an iPhone SE and have said that I plan on staying with it until September. However I do still have my 6s and 6s Plus to go back to

2. I'm waiting on the 7 to see what it offers. If it resembles the iPhone 6/6s in anyway then I will do as I have said and stay on the iPhone SE until the iPhone 7s or 8 or whatever they do come out.

3. I will never change iPhone colors. As a matter of a fact if Apple would offer something COMPLETELY black I would absolutely buy it. Space grey forever for me unless they release an iPhone in space black

14. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I've had it for 7 months now. The camera sucks and the screen quality is unacceptable for the money you pay. I had a $200 Asus phone that had a much more pleasant screen. There is no excuse for Apple to put this kind of low resolution screen in a $750 phone. 3 years ago I switched to Android then switched back to iOS and iOS is still as boring as it was back then.
    But whatever, I am not a power user. I use my phone to text, make and receive phone calls, GPS, and the rare occasion when I need to do a web search if I am not near a computer.

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Got the 6s on launch day. Love it. Never update except on the s cycle.