For those who have downloaded IOS 9 beta

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Lizardo90, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Lizardo90 macrumors member

Can anyone please confirm if they added the enhancement to siri in which we can finally talk to her in 2 different languages at the same time? I'm hoping they just didn't mention it at the conference yesterday but its part of siri now. Google now does this. Not sure why this hasn't been implemented yet or has it.:confused:...Someone please confirm. Thanks!

2. Ryanclbryant macrumors member

Ryanclbryant

That would be interesting but I don't know how functional it would be. My guess would be that Apple is avoiding this to bolster the "5% word-detection error rate". Having it effectively understand me in one language is far more important than going back to the days where it rarely knew exactly what I was saying.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Doesn't look like it. I just asked "Where is the nearest 郵便局?" and it had no idea what I was talking about. You can still only choose one language at a time in Siri's settings (although you can now select the voice and language independently).

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

nope still turns play songs by Taylor Swift into "Tätler Schäft". annoying

edit: oddly enough it got Justin Timberlake right which should be way more complicated to get