Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lizardo90

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
Can anyone please confirm if they added the enhancement to siri in which we can finally talk to her in 2 different languages at the same time? I'm hoping they just didn't mention it at the conference yesterday but its part of siri now. Google now does this. Not sure why this hasn't been implemented yet or has it.:confused:...Someone please confirm. Thanks!

Ryanclbryant

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014
Montréal, QC, Canada
That would be interesting but I don't know how functional it would be. My guess would be that Apple is avoiding this to bolster the "5% word-detection error rate". Having it effectively understand me in one language is far more important than going back to the days where it rarely knew exactly what I was saying.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Doesn't look like it. I just asked "Where is the nearest 郵便局?" and it had no idea what I was talking about. You can still only choose one language at a time in Siri's settings (although you can now select the voice and language independently).

Reactions: Lizardo90

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
nope still turns play songs by Taylor Swift into "Tätler Schäft". annoying

edit: oddly enough it got Justin Timberlake right which should be way more complicated to get

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.