For those who have used the Apple Store App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lordofthereef, Sep 11, 2014.

1. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I plan to use the Apple store app to order my phone, and since I saw on the website we can pre-order for in store pickup, I would like to do that.

I have updated my payment information (should they need it). But is there a default "my store" that I can set? I just want to have as few steps as possible at 12PST tonight (tomorrow morning, whatever) since I know the servers will be slammed.

2. profets macrumors 68040

I've used the Apple Store app for the past few launches, it's been flawless. Not sure if there are any details or "my store" that can be set. I always make sure to have all payment and shipping info updated ahead of time on my account. So much nicer to wake up, do the order within seconds and not even get out of bed. I remember in the past being out of bed, in front of the computer, refreshing the site for 30 minutes..

3. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Did you have it shipped or set for in-store?

Two reasons I need in-store:
    1) We are moving on the 25th of this month and I don't want anything to get messed up, should there be shipping delays (this is the more important reason)
    2) I can take a 15 minute drive over the boarder into NH and save about $65 in taxes ;)

4. profets macrumors 68040

Ahh, not bad. No, I've only ever had it shipped. I'm in Canada though, don't think we've ever had an in store pickup option.

5. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

From the links I saw to the Canada Apple store it will be an option this year :)

6. profets macrumors 68040

Thanks. Just noticed that now too.

Have you ever done in store pickup in the past? I'd imagine it would be a zoo there on launch day. Wanted to ship the phone to avoid going there in the first place..

7. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It was only ever an iption once, maybe twice? I want to say it was that way for the 4, maybe the 3GS? This was back before the App existed, but it was fairly easy, though I don't believe the demand was nearly that high then. All they had was AT&T as an option (in the states) yet, no unlocked phones, etc.

8. Drew888, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

Drew888 macrumors 6502a

Drew888

Was going to add a line using App, but directs me to the website. So app is only good for upgrading, or possibly purchasing at full price. Useless for people that want to add a line

9. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

All I would say about the in store pickup is be prepared to spend 3-6 hours waiting in line. Even with a reservation, I waited 3 hours before the store opened and 3 hours after for the iPhone 4. I will never do that again.

The $65 would be nice to save, but consider how much your time is worth if you simply have it shipped and get it at your door on launch day.

When you place your order, it will tell you of it's expected on launch day, or if it's later. If you use the app and get in within the first 15 or so, I'm almost positive you will have a launch day delivery.

Ultimately, it makes no difference to me what you do. I'm just trying to save you some pain in the lines. Good luck either way!

10. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I don;t expect to wait this long at all if I just roll in after work. They should be saving my phone for me until they close that day, no?