For those who made an appointment due to screen bleeding

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Phil-82, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Phil-82 macrumors member

I'm going in Sunday. I got my iPad 2 more then 14 days ago and just noticed the bleeding a couple days ago. How do the geniuses tend to handle this? Will they give me a refurb or a brand new one ?

2. xraytech macrumors 68020

I read in other threads that they will give you one refurb and that's it. No guarantee that it will be Bleed Free.

I've also read in one thread about one guy getting a refurb which had more Screen Bleed.

Either live with what you got or roll the dice for something worse.

3. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Dumb question. If it took you over two weeks to notice the bleed, so why is it suddenly bad enough to need returning? Most sensible people here have said that bleeding is something most LCD displays (including first gen iPads) regularly have. So if the bleed is so unnoticeable, then I'd think it was in a more than tolerable range.

4. Phil-82 thread starter macrumors member

Your logic is flawed. Just because a problem isnt noticed right away doesn't mean that it isn't severe. Your assuming way too many things about my usage to say that it was unusable. Did you stop to Think that maybe over the past few weeks I was working in a really well lit room, or I barely used it? If you going to make bad posts just go somewhere else

5. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

He's being a realist while you're being an extremist.

6. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Also, you could post this in one of the 6 million or so backlight-bleed threads we already currently have. (yawn)

7. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

This is what I was offered when I had my iPad checked last week. The genius guy said Apple Engineering still hasn't determined a fix for this issue yet.

8. xraytech, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

xraytech macrumors 68020

As harsh as he sounds, I have to agree with him.

Dear OP,

Spend a little time doing a search first. And if you do not find what you are looking for, refine your search further.

Hey!!!

I even found one thread for you, 146 pages long.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1114606

9. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

When I went in for my appointment, the genius took my iPad, went into a back room, but came back very quickly and said he saw the bleeding clearly. He would only open up one brown box model. We both checked it out and it looked a lot better than the one I had. It still had a very slight bleeding, but it is in the very bottom of the screen and I haven't been able to see it again even when the room is pitch dark. He said that if I took the replacement and there is the same problem afterward, I could get a refund and wait for better models. I couldnt replace it again. I did take the replacement and have had no problems since. *knocking on wood*

10. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

i have read that this is what they tell you - one exchange only.
    but you are entitled to get another exchange or refund if you are not happy with it. i am still waiting to get mine replaced. i cant be bothered to drive 30miles just for this so waiting for an opportunity.

11. BaBaBoooooooey macrumors regular

BaBaBoooooooey

oh yes, the OP is wayyyy out of line.
    How dare you expect to get what you paid for.
    You should do what these guys are telling you.
    suck it up and accept that you paid full price for a flawed device.

Why do you guys care so much that he is returning?
    OHHHH he didnt notice it right away. That means he doesnt deserve it. and it makes him an extremist.

This is my 3rd iPad 2.
    It IS perfect. the way i expect things to be when i pay 799.

its real easy to judge when its not your money.

but i do agree with checking the many other posts about this.

12. iOS 5 macrumors newbie

I agree 100%. It's nice to see some intelligence on this site for once.