For Those Who Ported From T-Mobile To AT&T...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brock2621, Jul 26, 2008.

1. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

How long did it take for your texts, phone calls to transfer to your new iphone? It's been a full 24 hours and my other phone is still getting all the calls and texts. I can SEND outgoing calls and texts, but can't receive on my iphone. What was your alls experiences?

2. mdkrebs11 macrumors member

Mine was really quick. I think you may have a problem. I purchased mine at a Apple store. They said to plug the new iphone into one of their display computers to register it but I just took it home and did it there. They told me the transfer of the number and service could take as long as 6 hours but mine switched over in about 20 minutes. It was really that fast. They may have input your information incorrectly or something?

3. Babiipiink macrumors member

Mine complete port took maybe and hour. I was in the Apple store for about two hours when the system kept crashing. I took it home to activate, and it took about an hour for all my calls to switch over to my iPhone.

4. spazattack674 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

my port took about an hour and a half to switch my calls and texts. Didn't get mine on launch day, however. I got mine last Wednesday.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If it's taking more than 24 hours to get your texts ported over to the new phone, then there might be a problem. Give AT&T a call.

6. thepandamancan macrumors member

thepandamancan

Mine took about a week to completely work. It did take a full 24 hours for me to get everything working properly. I activated my iPhone (not 3G) at like 9pm so maybe everything is slower to activate at night, but within the first couple hours I couldn't receive calls but I could make them. By the next day, it was fine I could receive calls and send/receive some texts. Overall, once the 24 hours was over everything was fine, albeit a bit spotty at times.

The problem was, I could not receive anything from T-Mobile users. If a T-Mobile user called me, they wouldn't even get my voicemail. Some even heard that my number had been disconnected. Their texts never went through, but it was sent. The headache came a week after I got my iPhone when my text inbox was flooded by all of the texts from T-Mobile users.

7. meko macrumors newbie

AT&T told me that you have to turn off your T-Mobile phone in order for it to fully deactivate. Once you do that (about 6 hours or so), then all the data/voice will be directed toward your iPhone.

8. jableskg macrumors regular

9. minik macrumors 65816

I brought my T-mobile number to the Apple Store on July 11 at 8AM for the iPhone 3G. Before leaving the store at 8:40AM, text messages and phone calls were all working. On the other hand, I checked my old phone and it quickly showed something like invalid SIM card.

It's the simplest number porting ever.

10. shinenjk macrumors regular

My porting took about 30 mins. I ported it at the AT&T store after I purchased my iPhone because of out-of-state number issues. I took the phone back home after leaving the AT&T store, connected to my iTunes and then BAM it was done. My T-mobile phone suddenly lost its connection, then got a txt on my iPhone saying the porting has been complete.

11. jazzy921 macrumors newbie

+1 this is true. Its just like when you upgrade your phone ( if it doesn't have a SIM ) you have to turn that device off so the new one has a chance to set up completely.