For those who purchased Applecare+ at the same time as their watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by largefarrva, May 3, 2015.

1. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2012
    I'm wondering how long of a time period there was between the initial charges for Applecare+ and the one for your watch were.

I see right now that I have a temporary authorization (or pending transaction I think) for $69 for the Applecare+ I purchased when I placed the order for my watch. It originated on 4/30 and it's still there as of this moment.

According to the Apple rep I just chatted with it means that my order will be getting charged in the near future and moving to preparing for shipment. Well...that's what she thought it meant I believe.

I'm just wondering if anyone might have some sort of insight to this.
  2. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2007
    AppleCare+ was charged when I placed the order. The watch was charged when it's "preparing to ship."
  3. Butch11 macrumors newbie

Sep 14, 2012
    Contoocook, NH
    My ac+ was charged on the 10th but no activity at this point still waiting for a 38mm ss pink modern buckle and a 43mm Ss link. Neither of those have had any movement at this point that I'm aware of.
  4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Jan 27, 2007
    There is no correlation. Applecare gets charged immediately since there is no physical product to ship. They don't charge you for the watch until you are assigned a serial number and it is preparing for shipment.
  5. JSB1540 macrumors 6502

Apr 24, 2015
    Apple care was preauthorized on 4/10, showed as a pending charge for a couple weeks. Does not show pending now. However I ordered accessories that were charged and posted, now only shows $1 pending charge. I guess they will charge both when shipped.
  6. largefarrva thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2012
    You know what....I'm a dummy. The temporary authorization is from the second watch I ordered on Thursday I bet. I do remember now that on the 11th or 12th that I did see a temp charge for my original order.

Damn I wish I would have realized this my hopes up for nothing.