For those who received their "up to date" disc different from retail?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HiFiGuy528, Aug 28, 2009.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

For those who received their "up to date" disc, is it an different from the retail box version?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes it will be, search next time please. You know better.

3. swmbuk macrumors newbie

how do you know? lots have said the opposite, do you have a utd dvd?

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Since the upgrade disk is supposedly the same as the one that is included in the Box Set, then the safe bet is on the up-to-date disk being the same as well.

5. swmbuk macrumors newbie

Does anyone actually have the UTD DVD yet anyway? From the looks on the forum it seems to just be people with retail copies.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, the Up-To-Date disks have always been different. Those have always checked for a previous install before proceeding. Whether that will hold true this time no one who doesn't have it knows yet, but it's a fairly safe bet that they're not the same.

jW

7. swmbuk macrumors newbie

I'd be pretty hacked off if I couldn't do a fresh install, I mean they charge £8 for shipping and handling it comes way late, and now this. If it needs to check for Leopard I think I'll just send it back and torrent it, I mean if anything UTD people are the least likely to be ripping them off given you need proof of purchase. Either way seems as though no one even has a UTD copy yet even in Australia.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It came a month early and they charged you one-tenth the price they could have.

Mossberg already said it worked, but good luck getting any help here with your torrenting crap.

9. swmbuk macrumors newbie

No they charge £8 for shipping, and then use Royal Mail. Mossberg, was talking about the retail disc. If they can't even give me a decent disc then why not arrange my own handling and shipping?

10. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

My question was directed to those who have received their UTD disc, not those who thinks the discs are different. :) By the looks of most "shipped??" threads, most have NOT received their UTD disc.

11. Urban Splash macrumors member

I can confirm that the UTD DVD is different to the Retail DVD.

UTD is called 'Upgrade DVD' (2Z691-6557-A) No Box

Retail is called 'Install DVD' (2Z691-6428-A)

Please note, I'm in the UK. Don't know if this is different in other countries.

12. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

For those who have received their UTD disc, can anyone confirm if a clean installation is possible? I'll be buying the retail disc if not.

13. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Anyone got it yet? Mine won't show up till Sept. 1st. :(