Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I'm not 100% sure yet. This is the first Apple product since my original iPhone in 2007 that I wasn't absolutely determined to get on launch day. I do wear a regular watch every day, and I just didn't get the point of the Apple Watch at first. As the date got closer, I found myself getting more excited about it, and decided I'd hop on board and check it out for myself.

Then I slept through midnight on pre-order day. :(

Went to the Apple Store that morning and tried some on. Touching and feeling them in real life was the first time I really got "that feeling" we are all familiar with that I really wanted one. I went home and ordered a 38mm SG/Black Sport because it would "go with everything". Got a June ship date.

Noodled on it more, and decided after a couple of weeks that what I really wanted was the Silver Sport with the Hulk Green band, because it's goofy like me. Read that 38 Green Sports were shipping next day, so I ordered one on Monday 4/27 and received it on Wed 4/29. Cancelled my SG order that was still in Processing.

Now I've had it for a couple of days and I have to admit, it looks and feels great. It's a sweet little hunk o'tech. As for how useful it will be in everyday life? I'm not 100% sure yet.

I still feel it's a bit superfluous, given that my phone is within reach 99% of my waking hours. But for times like when I'm walking through the mall, or at the movies, or whatever, getting notifications on my wrist and not digging my phone out of my purse to check it is a cool thing. Not feeling like I need to have my phone out on the dinner table is a good thing. It's a nice compromise for those of us who are always looking at our phones. I can decide whether any notification requires immediate response, or can be dealt with later. I also like calendar reminders for my work Exchange account during the work day.

So far, I really like it, and I will most likely keep it. There are times I wish I got 42mm, but with twiggy 160mm wrists, it just looked too big.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.