For those who sent in for repair

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Exinor, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Exinor macrumors member

I've sent in my AW for repair because of the rattle noise it would make during haptic feedback with specific things such as alarm and timer, when I angle it a specific way. For those that have gotten this fixed in the past, how much time do they usually take? I did it through a retail store, and even so, I do not have AppleCare+.

Thanks!

2. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Same thing with mine. I set up an appointment, took it in, and they sent it out to get checked.

A couple days later, they had a new watch for me to pick up.

3. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Took 7-10 business days for me, I had AC+ and did a device replacement. Located in Canada.

4. Exinor thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your responses. I really miss my Watch, more than I thought I would.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Don't you have express replacement with AC+ in Canada? Having AC+ won't make it quicker if swapping out in store.

6. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I just had my watch replaced this week. Send for repair from Apple Store Monday and back in my hands on Wednesday. Shortest wait time I ever had though was less than 24 hours. Once I shipped out my watch on a weekday evening and had it returned to me earlier the next day!

7. Exinor thread starter macrumors member

I got my watch back at the store, still same issue, even though I demonstrated to a genius. They said it had passed all of their tests and the extra buzz was normal behavior. Mildly annoyed, but if this issue ever gets worse at least I have a support case that shows I did try to repair it while I noticed the damage.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

What band are you using?

9. Exinor thread starter macrumors member

All Apple sports bands

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I suppose you can rule out rattling from the Milanese/leather loops.

11. Exinor thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that's definitely not the issue. Plus it only happens when I hold my hand at a specific angle.

Anyway, hopefully the Watch 2 comes out soon and they have a decent trade in program for this one--I got it back in April. Since there's "no issue" with it, I'm sure they won't mind taking a trade-in towards a new watch.

12. rockman27 macrumors newbie

Seems to me they are simply replacing after checking your watch is genuine, right?
    what about those watches under battery program? thanks.