For those who switched from ATT to T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wchangch, Dec 10, 2014.

1. wchangch macrumors member

Could you please share your experience as to how many days it took before ATT billed you for the ETF (after porting to Tmo)? My billing cycle is on the 28th of each month, and I am wondering if I port my ATT number to Tmo tomorrow (Dec 11) will ETF show up on my Dec 28 bill? Thanks!

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Just a heads up, they don't pro-rate your final bill, so it's best to actually port out somewhere a week before your billing cycle end date, so possibly around Dec 22nd - 26th but if you can't wait and don't mind the full bill and just want to pay the ETF and move to T-mobile, feel free to do it tomorrow.

I referred T-mobile to my friend before, and after he ported out during his last week of the billing cycle, AT&T sent him 2 paper billing statements, one for the last month's bill then the one following that was for the ETF. It arrived via mail close to his next billing cycle which is about a month or so.

3. wchangch thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info! I was hoping to shorten the wait time for ETF as I plan to request for unlocking my iPhone 6 which I want to use at Tmo. That's why I thought if I port into Tmo now that would give it over 2 weeks before my billing cycle ends and hopefully have a chance to see ETF on the upcoming bill. Meanwhile I'm falling back to an old phone and hope to shorten the 'pain' by doing so. I'm wondering if I can call ATT shortly after switching and ask to pay for ETF right away? I've read someone had successfully done this but most people have to wait for the final bill which is the 2nd bill after cancellation.

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Just call and ask them, it never hurts to ask. Good luck and welcome to T-Mobile soon!

PS: don't forget to take advantage of the referral program for a $25 gift card, I can refer you if needed

5. wchangch thread starter macrumors member

My friend with Tmo has set me up in the referral program. Thanks again!

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I think it took about 2 weeks for my final bill to generate with the termination fee. It then takes about about 4 weeks to get the ETF back from tmobile after you submit your final bill. They say it can take up to 8 weeks, but it took me about 4.

7. wchangch thread starter macrumors member

Hey Rayfire, I send you an PM just now about referral. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thanks!