Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
does the backing protect it enough so that the camera does not scratch?

I ordered mine for the 4s and wanna make sure it protects the camera as to me that is the best part of the 4s in my opinion. Thanks for any help or answers and sorry if this has been asked

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
bump!

cmon nobody can answer this?

Well, the lucky labs doesn't cover the camera at all - its cut out around it, so unless you have a case that holds the back of the phone off whatever you're putting it on, no.

I use an atomic hybrid with the LL backing and haven't had any issues with the camera scratching...but I also tend not to put it near keys or other nasty stuff that'll shred it up....

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
There is thickness to any skin so the camera lens WILL be separated from a hard surface.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
thanks for the help! just really wanting to take care of the 4s camera as when i had my iphone 4 my lens had hairline scratches. never effected the pic quality but i would hate if it did on this good of a camera

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
I always used a skin on the back and placed it down on my work desk or end tables at home. I wouldn't recommend sliding the phone around like a sanding block or anything (althought can't say that would do any damage) but if you have a skin and set it down, the lens will not touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.