Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applegoddess09

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Superstar City
I am not sure if this is the BEST place to post this, but since it pertains to my Touch, I figured it was an okay place. Please move if I was wrong.

Anyways, I downloaded the SDK just to see and play around with it. My question is: Has anyone either made an application from scratch/ used Apple's sample codes and "build and go" to your touch? I saw the presentation on iTunes where he sent his demo to the iPhone, but I cannot get it on my touch. Is this even possible? Thanks.

stanton

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2008
Philly
I am not sure if this is the BEST place to post this, but since it pertains to my Touch, I figured it was an okay place. Please move if I was wrong.

Anyways, I downloaded the SDK just to see and play around with it. My question is: Has anyone either made an application from scratch/ used Apple's sample codes and "build and go" to your touch? I saw the presentation on iTunes where he sent his demo to the iPhone, but I cannot get it on my touch. Is this even possible? Thanks.

Here is the link.

How do I get my application onto my device for testing?

First, set the active SDK for your project to "iPhone OS" (instead of "iPhone OS Simulator") and rebuild the project. Assuming your code compiles successfully, tell Xcode to run the application. Xcode then automatically uploads your application to your device. For more details, see Xcode Workspace Guide.

applegoddess09

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Superstar City
Thank you very much!

One question though: Do you know how to fix it whenever I tell it to build and go to the touch, it says its not connected. Any suggestions to this?

karenflower

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2007
Have you joined the iPhone Developer Program? You have to pay to gain access to directly testing on your iPhone/iPod touch.

stanton

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2008
Philly
Sorry for the late reply,
KarenFlower is correct. You need to purchase the $99 cert to debug directly:

Here's the link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.