For those who've downloaded ML, how is it so far?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imanidiot, Jul 25, 2012.

1. imanidiot macrumors 6502a

I've resisted the temptation to jump in immediately (I'm still on Snow Leopard) and figured I'd wait a day to two (or more), to gather impressions. I know it's early, but for for those who have already downloaded, what do you think?

Thanks.

2. Warhawk15 macrumors regular

Warhawk15

Coming from Lion, its pretty good.

Some of my observations that I haven't seen elsewhere...
    - Most apps seem to load a tad faster, and the boot up was faster too.
    - The light on the dock is different for apps that are opened, its not as easy to see, but thats fine since I don't use it much.
    - So far all my apps are working.
    - Swiping with the trackpad in the MAS now acts like Safari, instead of just going back or forward a page, it will show the new page in progress if you slowly swipe. Doesn't do that in iTunes tho.
    - Mail now instantly opens in full screen mode(after opening it for the first time without it and going into full screen manually), has never done that before.

Those are my initial impressions from the past hour or two, may update if I notice more.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

• I don't like how safari's tabs expand to take up the entire tab bar. It looks ugly if you have 2 tabs open.
    • The dock looks real smooth. This is the first time in 2 years I can use it on the bottom
    • Things are missing: Apple got rid of the menubar icon to switch recent resolutions, I can't set my battery icon to show time remaining, etc...
    • I don't see anything useful added. I don't like the notifications.
    • Exposé is finally back to how it was in Leopard. That's honestly the only reason I upgraded.

edit: I did notice I have about 7 more gigs of free space than I did before I installed ML, however it may be due to not rebooting the computer in about a month...