For those who've updated to 4.3...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SirStrumalot, Mar 9, 2011.

1. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

Is it worth it? I'm not really going to use the Hotspot, and don't care for the ringtones etc... The javascript on Safari is the only thing I'm remotely interested in, but I don't know whether it's enough to make me update right now. I'd rather wait it out and see whether any bugs are found... so yeah, anything in particular you like about it?

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

If the mobile hotspot doesn't grab you, and if the ability to stream music and video from iTunes to your device on your home network doesn't grab you, then you may as well wait.

No blockbuster here, but a few features that are quite welcome.

3. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

You should always update to the latest release (unless you're jailbroken).

4. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

That's not always true... There was one update that introduced a rather nasty bug to my 3G (and many others) that caused it to become unresponsive for several minutes at a time. It was eventually fixed many months later in the next update, but I would have been very happy to have NOT applied that update at all.

Now I always try wait a few days to see if any nasty bugs crop up before upgrading, unless there is a cool new feature I need to have right away.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

5. SirStrumalot thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup I usually do... but I prefer waiting for a bit to see if any bugs pop up, mostly because I've had a bad experience on my 3GS before.

6. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

Sounds like there are several nasty little bugs associated with this update. I'm skipping it for now. Hopefully they will release 4.3.1 in the near future.

7. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

ive done several sie by side tests with my friends iphone 4 (pre 4.3) and mine is running 4.3, loading up several web pages, and the load times across a wide selection of web pages are near identical!

Ant

8. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I am debating whether to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.3. I am jailbroken but the only thing I will really miss is the 5 icon rows. I have my shsh or whatever they Are called so I could roll back via tiny umbrellla if I wanted to Right?

9. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I hate how my text alerts are now a vibe - dot dash...

I dont know why it bothers me so much, but I preferred the dash-dash vibration it used to do when I would get a text (I always keep my phone on vibrate to avoid a call disrupting a meeting or whatever)... So annoying. Why would they change this?