For those with 3G iPad's how much monthly data do you use

Discussion in 'iPad' started by davidlw, Feb 29, 2012.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

For those of you that have a 3G iPad, how much monthly data do you use on average?

2. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I have a £25 p/month plan and I don't use anywhere near that much data. I get 15GB a month and use about 2 or 3GB. BUT, I am glad because it may aswell be unlimited to me and when I am out and about I never have to worry about not having internet. It also help that I am with UK's best provider for 3G coverage.

3. wsbsteven macrumors member

I use a couple hundred mb but I use wifi if possible.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

I mostly only use 3G while I'm at work, for some quick Facebook checks and MacRumors reading. Rest of the time is WiFi.

Attached Files:

5. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

So it looks like the average person that uses 3G and wifi when possible, would be able to get by with a 2Gig plan. I don't do movies or lots of music, just web sites, email, etc.

6. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

That's an awesome report. Is it pulled from your carrier or did an app produce it?

7. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Haven't used 3G yet.

8. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

One thing you'll notice is that you probably won't use anywhere as much data as you use on your iPhone unless you're constantly streaming. I found it hard for me to hit a little over 1gb and i'd consider myself a so-so medium user.

9. Benbikeman macrumors 6502a

Benbikeman

In the UK, the standard O2 iPad contract gives 1Gb of 3G data plus unlimited btopenzone and thecloud wifi hotspot usage. In London, you're almost always within reach of one of the two wifi services, so mostly 3G is used on trains, in shops, etc. 1Gb is plenty for that.

10. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

Which network?