All iPads For those with a cellular iPad and an iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tymaster50, Jun 19, 2013.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

how do you like it? Back when I had an iPad I found myself using my phone a lot less, even the iPad mini made the 5 feel like a twig. Then it was stolen and I haven't really missed it as much as I should have, I guess it was a way of coping with the situation lol. But i'm getting a cellular for my graduation gift tonight or tomorrow and I just wanted peoples opinions on the matter. I asked a question similar to this before but I don't wanna bump the thread.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I have mine as for different uses. For the phone, I use it for:

Phone (Obviously)
    Text Messaging/iMessage
    Camera
    Music

For the iPad, I use it for:

Surfing the net, when possible
    Videos (TV Shows, Movies, YouTube, Netflix/Hulu)
    iPad only games, like KOTOR, Eclipse, etc.
    Social Media
    Reading books & Writing

While all of these can be done on one device, I personally don't like it. I don't have my iMessage linked between devices. I can surf the internet on my phone all the time, but when I have the iPad with me, I rather use that. Videos, only kept on the iPad but I can watch netflix, youtube, etc. easily on the iPhone when I need to. Social media, I check it more often on the iPhone but I can still do stuff on the iPad but because of that, majority of my notifications is turned OFF on the iPad.

In all, it comes down to what you're used to. Everything I do on the iPad, except phone, can be done on the iPhone and vise versa but I separate them out.

The advantage of the Cellular iPad, I can surf the net using the iPad while my friend's driving instead of limiting to a small screen :D

3. bursthead macrumors 6502

bursthead

It sucks.

It would be nice to be able to take one device and only have to swap sims. Hopefully in a few years it may work out for apple to combine the iphone full cellular capabilities with the ipad.e

For right now the closest thing i can do is use Google Voice or Line 2 on my ipad.

4. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I use whichever one is appropriate. If I'm the passenger on a business trip the iPad is a great way to get directions, driving instructions, find restaurants, etc. if I'm driving I setup the iPhone to do that. If I'm walking or otherwise don't have the space I use the iPhone to lookup information or for the camera. If I'm seated and it is not distracting I use the iPad.

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I just like being able to use either my Mini or 4S without having to find WiFi to be able to do what I want. I could easily tether my phones connection but I prefer not to.

I also have a Nexus 7 tablet. Two have T-Mobile accounts and the Mini is on AT&T.

6. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Yeah my mom doesn't want me using the cellular option at home because I only have the 2gb plan, I have it now and I'm not really all that into it. It's cool and all but just redundant.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

A lot but polling random people doesn't mean anything with regard to whether it's a suitable solution for you or not.

Why not if it's the same topic?