For those with accessibility needs

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ardchoille50, Apr 16, 2015.

1. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

An acquaintance gave me a link regarding the Apple Watch and accessibility needs. Lots of useful information here and I'm glad Apple places importance on these needs.

https://www.apple.com/accessibility/watch/

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Glad to know that text can be made bigger. Still not sure how well I'll be able to control the watch with my muscle coordination problems. When I and my partner went to look at the watch, even he and the sales associate sometimes had trouble hitting the correct tap target. :eek: :(

3. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

As a deaf person, I'm really looking forward to the taptic engine:

"With Apple Watch, we found a way to give technology a more human touch. It’s called the Taptic Engine, a linear actuator inside Apple Watch that produces haptic feedback. You’ll feel a gentle tap on your wrist every time a notification comes in. And you can turn on Prominent Haptic to pre-announce some common alerts. So you’ll never miss messages, mail, and other important events."

4. AppleSnitch macrumors member

I had a blind man come in to try on the watch, very interesting as to even blind people wanting to interact with such a device. He held it, touched it, asked his daughter what he felt of it. He then proceeded to ask me about accessibility features, and at the time they weren't public knowledge so all I was allowed to say was that there was VoiceOver on the watch itself and that more information was coming.