For those with hotmail,question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by simple20, Nov 18, 2011.

1. simple20 macrumors regular

I have both a gmail and a hotmail account synced to my iphone 4 which I use for different reasons. My gmail account will update with my computer, my hotmail will not. Meaning when I read an email on my computer, when I fetch on my phone, my gmail will recieve that email, but mark it as read. My hotmail will also receive that email, but mark it as new. The same applies vise versa from phone to computer. This is a huge PITA, especially on my iPad where I don't often check email because I don't have a data plan. Sometimes I'll get upwards of 75 'new' emails posted on my hotmail account on my iPad which I've already read via my computer or iPhone. Its terrible. Anybody have a fix, or is this 'just the way it is'?

Thanks

2. BlendedFrog macrumors regular

It sounds like you don't have your hotmail account setup correctly. Do you have it setup on you iphone as a pop account or as a activesync exchange account?

If you go the exchange route then it will automatically update the info on your computer as you do it on your phone.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

^ This. POP accounts don't sync. Set it up via ActiveSync.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

How are you connected to Hotmail on your computer and on your iPhone? Are you using the Hotmail exchange connector? Mine works just fine set up like that.

5. simple20 thread starter macrumors regular

Really appreciate it guys! I googled it and found a nice tutorial on how to do that. It was set up as a pop account. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.