For those with Lion GM/ NFL.com question

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by cjjr72984, Jul 3, 2011.

1. cjjr72984 macrumors member

So yea, earlier today I was trying to watch a video on the NFL's website and I needed to download Akamai Netsession Interface to watch High Quality video.

[​IMG]

But when I pressed on the Download prompt, it didn't do anything. I kept pressing on the button but to no avail. Does this have something to do with the fact that Lion isn't officially released yet?

2. BlackMangoTree macrumors 6502a

3. cjjr72984 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, with Chrome and FF. Neither were successful.

4. cjjr72984 thread starter macrumors member

Nevermind, I figured it out. I searched for Akamai on the Finder and installed it from there. Weird....

5. SeanJE macrumors newbie

SeanJE

I'm having the same problem

Anyone else have this issue?

6. SeanJE macrumors newbie

SeanJE

7. kraigballa macrumors newbie

I cannot get this to work. I am using Lion OS X 10.7 and whenever I click on download it does nothing. I have tried it in Chrome, FF, and Safari. I also went to Finder and typed in Akamai to find nothing returned. When I go to the link posted above I get this:

Start download --When I press "Start Download"
    Click here to download using your browser.

I click here and it downloads a 10MB.bin file. However, I cannot open this file. Every time that I do it generates a 10MB.bin.cpgz file. Not sure what the heck is going on here...?

8. OW22 macrumors 6502

OW22

The's strange. Can't think what that could be. Getting this working was a must for me on the NFL.com site, it's part of the reason I got a new Mac to be honest to be ready for the new season. It worked for me no problem. Did you download and install the latest flash update?

Oh and Go Pats!!:)