For those without a screen protector

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Saberon, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Saberon macrumors 6502a

How often do you clean your iPad and how do you clean your iPad?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Every 3-4 days. Maybe more like once a week.

I use iKlear.

The fingerprints are really only noticeable when the iPad is off. Once I turn it on, I can barely see the fingerprints/smudges, if at all.

3. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

Every day and I just wipe it on my t-shirt. So far so good.

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

I wipe it with the microfibre cloth that came with the iPad case every few days. Works great.

5. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

Ditto on iKlear every couple of days, best cleaner I've ever used for my iPad and iMac screens. Found it at the Apple store.

6. cas85 macrumors regular

i mostly use a stylus to write notes. a side-effect of that is that the stylus actually cleans the screen of fingerprints also. but i'll wipe it every couple days probably.

7. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I love the radtech cloth. Works beautifully on the ipad / iphone screens (and even on the cinema display / MBP screens).

8. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

No protector, and no scratches yet. Mine has been in use heavily since the US release.

I clean mine once or twice a week. I just use a very lightly damp paper towel, no special cleaner or anything.

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Wipe with t-shirt or soft fabric every few days.

10. Bozola macrumors regular

11. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I wipe it down with the Microfibre cloth from my iPhone 3GS when ever it gets to groady looking. :D

12. JTSmeed macrumors member

Don't clean at all...

I've owned my wifi iPad since launch and have never *officially* cleaned it. It gets cleaned when I stick it in the incase sleeve, but other than that, I don't clean it. I haven't been able to see any scratches on the screen and don't notice any major fingerprints. I do have iKleer, but haven't yet tried it on the iPad. I figure that it's going to have fingerprints on it by design, so I'm not going to constantly try to keep it spotlessly clean...

13. Pinger macrumors regular

Soft micro cloth that came with my LCD HD TV, once a week or so I hit it with just a "mist" of Lens Cleaner and a soft old t shirt..

14. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I do the same. Nothing cleans better than a microfiber cloth. You could also apply a drop of water to hard to remove spots, to avoid having to rub it too hard.

I have lens cleaners, but never really needed them for my iPad.

Also, I chose the Apple iPad case instead of a skin protector, in order to protect the display against accidental scratches.

15. Pinger macrumors regular

16. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Ditto. In my case, I stick it in my HP sleeve (Belkin Grip Vue).

17. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

When I need to, just use a micro fibre cloth nothing else. My old 3GS iPhone never scratched and I use that in all conditions. personally I would rather enjoy the iPad as intended than wrap it up and treat it with kid gloves, at the end of the day i will upgrade anyways ;)

Q-6

18. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Maybe once every other week, I'm careful with mine, its in a Neoprene sleeve when not being used.

19. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I've got mine in the apple case, and maybe once every couple of weeks I take it out and clean it with a microfiber cloth.

20. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Whenever it needs to be cleaned. Just press against belly (so soft!) and rub across shirt. Cleanliness results. Still looks like the day I got it - Wifi launch day.

21. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Ditto.

22. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

"Ditto on iKlear every couple of days, best cleaner I've ever used for my iPad and iMac screens. Found it at the Apple store."

Couldn't agree more...I'm hooked on iKlear. We use it for our glasses, my gun scopes, video and camera lenses...it's spendy, but incredible. I love the extra stash you get with purchase too. The wipes, micro fibre towels, et al. Big Fan of iKlear for all of my electronics and optics.

BTW, we have two iPads. my wife's, and mine. Our 5 year old son is also a fan, so maybe another in the future. My wife could care less about the fingerprints, me...anal as hell. I wipe mine down every day. Hers, once a week when I pick it up:) I agree with other's sentiments...many, many more iPads in our futures...use 'em, and don't worry about fingerprints, peanut butter stains, or the like...they're meant to be used, not babied! Now, if I can just get over my OCD and "Anality" of keeping this SOB clean!!!:(