For whatever reason, I just like white unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by shanexin, Jul 5, 2011.

1. shanexin macrumors newbie

For whatever reason, I just like white unibody despite the fact pro is better in most ways. I tried pro and macbook both and can't help go with macbook. Really hope Jobs won't dump the model. Not sure if anybody has the same feeling?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Same feeling here, but I also have an iMac so the MBP was too much for a supplemental computer. I like that it matches my white iPhone and magic mouse. It just feels slicker, literally.

3. Ijustfarted macrumors regular

I think anyone who has bought a MacBook while the mbp 13" was out feels that way.

But
    It's polycarbonate and I'm assuming that's less Eco friendly than aluminum so apple may not like that
    People may buy it anymore because the mbp13" is so so so much better and only a bit more expensive
    They can buy the 11" MBA for the same price which will soon have iX processors and who knows what else
    Making it cheaper may possibly be the only way to intice customers to buy it but apple wouldn't want that to cannibalize iPad sales.

I just don't see the MacBook surviving :(

Although, I've been wrong plenty times before and apple sometimes does things that are unpredictable :D

4. 7thMac macrumors 6502

I don't think this model will be around much longer in its current form. Apple seems to be moving to smaller and sleeker machines. It will be interesting to see what Apple comes up with as an entry level notebook.

5. bibi2205 macrumors member

Imo, they already have one.. The 11" MBA.