for when they release a 2.0 jailbreaking tool....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by almostaskater62, Jul 11, 2008.

1. almostaskater62 macrumors regular

i have a couple quesions about jailbreaking my 2.0 iphone (when they release the new pwnage app for mac)-
    1) will i be able to update firmware later, say when 2.1 comes out, or 2.0.1 or whathaveyou? or will i have to restore then upgrade
    2) can i just get it to install installer/cydia and not bother with the whole unlocking thing? as i have no interest in unlocking- i have att

thanks

2. almostaskater62 thread starter macrumors regular

someone has to have jailbroken a phone before...and know the answers

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You have to rejailbreak every time. If you unlock and use a different provider, you have to reactivate every time.

4. almostaskater62 thread starter macrumors regular

so if i jailbreak under 2.0, when 2.0.1 comes out, or whatever, i'll have to restore the phone first, then upgrade, then re-jailbreak?
    do i have that right...

thanks a bunch

5. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

6. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yes you will most likely have to wait for the new jailbroken upgrade and then upgrade, or else you ll have to restore and upgrade, either way one or the other, will only take about 5-10 minutes to do, so don't think of it as a big deal, unless you really really dont have 10 minutes to play around, but if thats teh case why are you jailbreaking anyways..hope that helps

7. almostaskater62 thread starter macrumors regular

do you have to restore your iphone to jailbreak it?
    while it's true that it only takes like 10 minutes to actually jailbreak, putting 13 gigs of media back on takes longer...

8. almostaskater62 thread starter macrumors regular

one last question...will jailbreaking mess up the activation and att service? because i saw in a pwnage tool video that "activate iphone" was an option, and i would kind of like to leave that up to itunes when it recognizes it as an iphone that's been previously plugged in, does that make sense? is that possible?
    really i guess what i'm asking is what's the easiest way to install installer.app without messing up my current att service...

thanks a bunch

9. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I know hwat you are asking, i just dont know the actual answer, you see i bought an iPhone to use it in Canada so i ve always jailbreak-ed it and unlocked it or elese i wouldn t be able to use it anyways so, i ve never had a jailbroken yet locked phone....so i dont know sorry:eek: