Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

03 Hodag

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Connected to the dock connector on my jailbroken iPod touch 4g is a dock connector splitter. Connected to one end of the splitter is an Apple Composite AV Cable and the other end has a dock connector GPS unit from Bad Elf. The goal here is to have the Navigon GPS app display on the in-dash monitor. I've accomplished this and it's great. My iPod touch's screen is mirrored on the monitor using TVOut2 and Resupported4 from Cydia.

Here's my problem: The audio cables from the Apple AV cable are plugged into the aux input on the back of my car stereo, however when I try to play music, the audio plays on the iPod Touch's internal speakers and not on the car stereo. For some reason the audio isn't being sent out through the dock connector and rather than having a 1/8 inch audio cable also connected to my device, I'm looking for perhaps a hack that will solve my problem.

Is there a hack or 3rd party app that allows for manual selection between the dock connector and the internal speaker for audio playback? Is there an alternative or simpler solution that I haven't considered? Basically i want to force audio out the dock connector instead of play on the internal speaker.

Any help or advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Audio when you're playing iPod music should come out the dock connector if it is connected, at least that's how mine worked a few years back when I had that setup.

03 Hodag

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I understand how it's supposed to work but it's not working that way, hence my post. I've checked and re-checked all the connections and everything is good.

estockme

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
i'd like to revive this question for a dj mixer that has the same problem due to an update somewhere around ios 4. i would like to force audio out the dock through my jailbroken iphone.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I use a dock connector that has a left and right RCA connectors. I connect it to my car stereo rear aux input. My music always plays through the stereo and not the phone. Strange you are having this issue.

I do wish that when I receive a phone call that I would play the audio through the dock and not the phone speaker. All my blackberries used to do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.