Force audio out

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lorraineg57, Jan 6, 2012.

1. lorraineg57 macrumors newbie

I have a treadmill that is controlled by an app on my iphone via an audio cable plugged into the treadmill. I also have hacked a bt mono earpiece with a set of stereo earplugs so I can hear my workout music at the gym without having my iphone physically attached to the headset. I'd like to be able to use the bt headset while the phone is physically attached to the treadmill meaning I need to force the audio through the audio out jack as well as the bt at the same time?

I'm jailbroken but can't find any apps that will allow this? I'm currently using the treadmill with a splitter from the audio out on the phone and one cord running to the treadmill, the other cord to regular earbuds but it requires a lot of hanging cords which I keep getting caught up in.

TIA

2. moonman239 macrumors 68000

It sounds like what you want to do is similar to wanting to listen to a song on your iPhone using a wired headset, while at the same time your iPhone plays another song over a Bluetooth headset. That has been discussed in the past.

3. lorraineg57, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012

lorraineg57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Almost, but same audio going to both the wired set and bt set as the same music I run to controls the treadmill via audio chirps/beeps embedded in the music.

I tried doing a search for "force audio" and nothing relevant came up. I also tried searching "bluetooth" with the same result.

4. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Would this be something your looking for?

Baby Monitor - WiFi & Bluetooth w/Background Audio

[​IMG]

5. lorraineg57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip but I don't think that will help me much. I actually need to have the audio stream through the audio out cable and bt simultaneously.

6. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I'm wondering if...
    You Install Backgrounder... then Install a BlueTooth Out Audio Application (Im drawing blank right now for the name).

I found this Article -- http://www.macworld.com/article/141249/2009/06/iphonea2dp.html But it only addresses the issue of sending BlueTooth Audio to a device...

I have a feeling this hasn't been done yet, because whenever the iPhone 'uses' Audio, it only pushes one or the other (BlueTooth, or Audio Jack).

There are some WiFi Audio Appls, like AirPhones, which Ive used... Where you can send your Audio from your iPhone to a connected device, such as your iMac (I use to do this) And there was HiFi HD which did the same thing.. but I cant figure out how to send Audio to BOTH the AudioJack and BlueTooth.... Ill keep searching and if I find a solution, Ill post it for ya mate.

----------

I found your post on Apple lol

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3241510?start=0&tstart=0

Back from August.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

FYI on backgrounder is no longer supported by the Dev is open sourced. 5.0 and above there is a beta out but I haven't heard good things about it.. If you decide to try just be aware. it was great when we had it though.

8. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I should have mentioned that... yes, it is OpenSource and in Beta for iOS5. I haven't run into any issues thus far... but then again, I dont do much on my phone.

:) thx for pointing that out.

Cheers!

9. lorraineg57 thread starter macrumors newbie

:eek: Yeah, been looking for awhile. I tried running the cord from a regular ipod and bluetoothing from my phone at the same time. I use timed intervals to run
    and getting them synchronized was a real pain. Not to mention that if one of them gets out of sync, I have to restart them both and try to get the lagging device caught up, etc. I spent more time messing with trying to keep them synced than running.