Force Delete - help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldCorpse, Jul 23, 2007.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

This is one of those irritating "save me from myself" tricks OS X pulls...

I have a hard drive photobank which I use to download photos to when I'm travelling. I transferred the photos to my iBook, and then wanted to erase them from the photobank - I've done that before with no problem. This time, my wife made a folder of photos which she selected on her Dell, and I copied those onto the photobank and then from the photobank to my iBook. Now I want to delete the photos from the photobank through my iBook (like I always do).

My iBook won't let me do this. It claims one of the photos is "locked". Well, I don't care, thanks for the warning, I still want to delete it! This is a stupid system IMHO. If a file is locked or protected for whatever reason, it should give you a warning asking "do you still want to delete it", and if I say "yes", it should do so!

Now what? I can't delete a bloody photo from an external hard-drive - thanks, OS X!

I have an app called Force Delete, but it still can't delete that stupid photo!

Are there any apps out there, which will allow me such a simple action as a delete, regardless of any stupid warnings - this is only a photo, not a "file in use" or "systems file". Just a delete - I need a special app since mightly Tiger apparently can't hack it.

Any ideas? TIA!