Force install 10.4 application on 10.5?

AppleFanBoy91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
Back in the day when 10.4 was still modern, Java released a beta version for Java 6 for PPC. However, when I try to install it on my 10.5 G5, It says it can only install on 10.4. Any suggestions? Is there a way to make it install anyway? I'm not interested in downgrading to 10.4.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!

AppleFanBoy91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
I am running Java 5... Java 6 and Java 7 isn't compatible with PowerPC. However, as I said, they originally made a beta version for PPC before the final version came out. For 10.4. Anybody help?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I am running Java 5... Java 6 and Java 7 isn't compatible with PowerPC. However, as I said, they originally made a beta version for PPC before the final version came out. For 10.4. Anybody help?
I am pretty sure that version doesn't even work correctly under Tiger for most applications. What do you need it for?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
That version also lacks PPC binaries for Java 6. It only ever contained Intell binaries.

AppleFanBoy91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2014
I'm trying to get Minecraft 1.7 and better to work on PPC. This is the only way... Or is it? I looked into it, and this site is supposed to have a port of Java 7 for PPC. Anyone have any idea how I would install it? It doesn't come with an installer, so I'm stuck. :)
Link: http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/soylatte/