Force iPhone Pandora instead of iPad Version

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by grinny11, Oct 22, 2010.

1. grinny11 macrumors regular

Hey guys, tried googling this but couldn't find anything.

So i hate how the iPad version of Pandora doesn't show the artwork full screen. I think artwork is so pretty. Does anyone know of a way to force the iPad to use the iPhone version of the app?

Any help is appreciated.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. grinny11 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You need to edit the info.plist that's in the Pandora app. You need to edit the UIDeviceFamily array so that it reads:
    Code:
    <key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
    	<array>
    		<integer>1</integer>
    	</array>

It should be forced into iPhone mode. And remember every time you update the app you'll have to reedit the info.plist.

5. grinny11 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info so quickly. Thats a little more then what I am sure what I am doing. I know how to get to the info.plist.

Can I just edit the file in TextEdit?

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

TextEdit cannot edit the plist. I suggest PlistEditPro, you can use the trial version. To get to the info.plist you'll have to SSH into your iPad and go to /Users/Applications/ and find the Pandora folder. Then open the Pandora.app and copy the plist to your Desktop, edit it, then put it back on the iPad. Also remember to change your root/mobile passwords if you haven't done that already.

7. grinny11 thread starter macrumors regular

Opened in Plistedit Pro. See UIDeviceFamily and it shows two entries. Not sure what I should do next.

Should I delete one of those entries so that it matches your code you said earlier?

8. grinny11 thread starter macrumors regular

That worked. It occurred to me that I should respring.

Awesome! I love it!

Thanks for your help

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

In PlistEditPro, click the little triangle next to the UIDeviceFamily thing to expand it. Then click the "1 Number 2" row in the newly expanded UIDeviceFamily tree, press delete, save it, then put it back on your iPad over writting the current info.plist, then open the Pandora app in a forced iPhone mode.

Glad to have helped.

10. LinMac macrumors 65816

Use iFile and edit it within the app. I don't know about the Pandora iPhone version, but trying FullForce after editing the plist might give you a full screen version with the artwork.

11. grinny11 thread starter macrumors regular

full force causes Pandora to load the iPad version of the app even after editing the plist file