Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi all, quick question. Got my first iPad yesterday (air), and was wondering if there was a way to force safari to view macrumors mobile version (as is default on the iPhone) as it's default view. As of now, it always tries to use desktop, even a few minutes after I change to mobile version.

Hope it's possible, thanks I'm advance.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
I look forward to know the answer to this too. In my case I like the way the Forum Spy is in the Mobile Version so it fits nicely in a window half size of the screen of my 15" MBP.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page and clicked on "mobile version." It then seems to stay on mobile version until I click again on "desktop version."

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I scroll down and select mobile version, then bookmark it. Seems to work just fine this way.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the page and clicked on "mobile version." It then seems to stay on mobile version until I click again on "desktop version."

The issue with this is that I have to scroll down and click the link every day and it lands on the home page instead of the one I was looking, then it stays fine for the session.
My question: is there a way to set it up so it stays in Mobile Version ?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
The issue with this is that I have to scroll down and click the link every day and it lands on the home page instead of the one I was looking, then it stays fine for the session.
My question: is there a way to set it up so it stays in Mobile Version ?

Only thing I can think of is to bookmark the mobile link, as ladybug suggested, then use the bookmark to open MacRumours, instead of whatever other way you are currently using to come here.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Only thing I can think of is to bookmark the mobile link, as ladybug suggested, then use the bookmark to open MacRumours, instead of whatever other way you are currently using to come here.

The bookmark doesn't maintain the formatting.

----------

HOwever I have now two bookmarks: one for the Mobile Version and another for the Forum Spy, a couple of clicks instead of scrolling and clicking and navigating do the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.