iPad mini Force Mobile-Browser-View in Safari or Firefox

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johnscully, Aug 20, 2019.

1. johnscully macrumors member

Hi,

is there a way to force Safari (preferably) or Firefox to switch automatically on any Website to the Mobile-View (which shows up on iPhones/Smartphones)? The iPad mini for my taste is just too small for normal Tablet/Desktop-Web-Content so I would like to use the mobile Version of every site – just like I would be using a huge iPhone. Are there any settings to achieve that?

I know that Safari in iOS 13 gives users the opportunity to use the Desktop-Version of every Website – but I want it the other way round and just use the Mobile/Smartphone-Version of every Website which I view on my iPad mini.

2. johnscully thread starter macrumors member

3. AutomaticApple macrumors 68000

AutomaticApple

Huh?

4. johnscully thread starter macrumors member

I meant: Does really no one know how to achieve this? Or is there no such feature? To my knowledge it isn't even possible to change the font-size in the iPad-version of Safari, which would also be a help to make Content more readable on the iPad mini.

5. BrennerM macrumors regular

Regarding font size in Safari. The article below shows how to increase or decrease font size using bookmarks that run JavaScript. It is a bit convoluted to setup but once they are setup it is pretty easy to use.

https://www.cultofmac.com/600474/increase-font-size-mobile-safari/

I don't know of any way to revert the Safari browser view back to a "phone-style" view.

6. johnscully thread starter macrumors member

7. Smici macrumors member

Smici

Well, there is a toggle in the settings, you tried that already?

8. Digitalguy macrumors regular

The contrary is true. Ipad mini will default to mobile view, you then have to manually switch to desktop view.