Force password when wanting to turn find my iPhone off!

hreyhrey

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
I hate how I'm forced to keep a password on my phone only because its so easy to turn findmyiphone off!!

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
What are you talking about?
Think he means he hates having to have a passcode because without one fm iphone can be flicked off with no verification.

To the op if you go settings> general> restrictions you can set fm iphone to restricted access which would require a code to disable it ;)

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Think he means he hates having to have a passcode because without one fm iphone can be flicked off with no verification.

To the op if you go settings> general> restrictions you can set fm iphone to restricted access which would require a code to disable it ;)
I believe that the Restriction needs to be on Location Services and on Accounts (Settings > General > Location Services and Settings > General > Accounts). The Find iPhone app doesn't even need to be installed on the phone in order for the phone to be tracked from another device. There are a number of other ways to defeat it of course, such as simply turning the phone off.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
There are a number of other ways to defeat it of course, such as simply turning the phone off.
I'll give 100 bucks if you can disable Find my iPhone on my iPhone.

First, I enabled Restricions and then disabled the option to turn off Find my iPhone - can't disable it.
Second, I have a passcode - can't access iOS to enable AirPlane mode or to turn off data.
Third, I have PowerDownEnchaner - can't shut down/restart the phone without a secret password.

So Find my iPhone can not be disable on my iPhone 5 :D

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012

First, I enabled Restricions and then disabled the option to turn off Find my iPhone - can't disable it.
Second, I have a passcode - can't access iOS to enable AirPlane mode or to turn off data.
Third, I have PowerDownEnchaner - can't shut down/restart the phone without a secret password.

A sledgehammer?

hreyhrey

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012

Tried that it did nothing

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

Let the battery die on its own or open the iPhone and remove the battery :p

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK

take it some where with no signal

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY

Guess/ hoping your phone doesn't have a sim card.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA

Where is this option?

TNT93

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2013
Northampton, UK

Hold home and power button, now how are you going to pay? bank transfer? :D