iPhone Force quit apps problem related to battery issues?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DFC005, Sep 25, 2014.

1. DFC005, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

DFC005 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm one of the users who has been suffering horrendous battery life since moving to iOS8. I've tried everything that has been mentioned but as yet, not fix.

I have found an odd issue though that might be related.

If I for force quit all apps and then hard reboot phone, the apps that I previously force quit are all still there in the multitasking menu.

I tried the same steps on an old iPhone 4S on iOS7 and upon rebooting the phone, the multitasking menu is empty of apps.

I'm wondering if iOS8 is not pausing/killing apps correctly and thus, destroying my battery life.

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour who is having battery issues?

----------

To confirm, iPhone 5S updated to 8.0.2 and the problem persists.

2. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

After you force the apps to shut down, lock the screen then unlock it. Then do a hard reboot.

3. DFC005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried that, apps still appear in the multitasking menu upon reboot.

Could be nothing to do with the whole battery issue but does seem odd.

4. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

What does your iPhone show is consuming the most battery? (Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage)

6. DFC005 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't believe it's accurate as it doesn't show any particular app as a clear batter hog.

My Usage and Standby are always within a few minutes of each other, even when the phone is locked for a number of hours and unused.

7. johnnyboy360, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

IPhone 6 IOS 8.0.2 here and have the exact problem. Good find. Thats strange. I did wonder why my brand new phone was having pretty bad battery life. Hopefully with enough bug reports Apple can fix this.

EDIT: Just tried force closing app, locking and unlocking phone and it's not doing it. Strange.

EDIT2: Confirmed that when force quitting an app (apps) and then hard reboot, apps appear to not close. When force quitting an app (apps) then locking the phone and then unlocking the phone and then hard reboot, apps are gone. Strange bug and I would say it is related to having bad battery life as the apps are still open. For me then, I would need to close my apps and lock my screen for it to stabilise.