Force Safari to open non-mobile version of site?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by honavery, Aug 7, 2008.

1. honavery macrumors newbie

I'm trying to access www.nbcolympics.com on my phone, but it always kicks me to the crippled mobile version. Is there a way to have Safari bring up the "real" site as opposed to the mobile one?

2. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

3. Jonbbas macrumors newbie

Bump on this too...

Prior to 2.0.1, Safari went straight to full HTML sites. Now it defaults to mobile versions of most sites (espn.com, cnn, ebay, etc.). I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and select HTML version to get it to work.

This is very annoying.

Can anyone help?

I've scoured all the phone settings and I haven't come up with a solution.

4. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

It's not a setting on your phone, it's a setting on their website.

They detect what browser your using, and then it directs you to the full or mobile version of the site.

This great for people using old cell phones, but it sucks for iPhone users.

I don't see why companies would direct iPhone users to a mobile site, but they do.

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I agree it's a real pain in the rear. They should at least make it optional, like some other sites I've been to. They bump you to the mobile site, and then provide a link to revert to the full site. That's the best of both worlds, IMO.

Write to them at feedback@nbcolympics.com to let them know that iPhone users don't need no stinkin' mobile site. :mad:

6. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I think fandango.com on the iPhone is the way to go, I wish other sites did something similar.