Force Touch and Pages?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Theophil1971, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

So, did Apple really create this great new Force Touch technology, and then not implement it into their own word processor?!

Seriously - force touching a word in Safari brings up a definition. But in Pages - nothing. I have to double-click to select the word, then secondary-click to define. What the hell?

Am I missing a setting or something? Anyone else got this working? Or do I wait for an update to Pages?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

You wait for an update. Seriously, force touch is brand new. I bet we see more uses of it in OS X 10.11 this summer.

3. Theophil1971 thread starter macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

Alrighty then. I just figured it'd work with Apple's primary productivity apps right out of the gate. Oh well!

Thanks for the input.

4. icedcoffeeontoast macrumors newbie

icedcoffeeontoast

It's been months and force touch still doesn't do anything in Pages.

5. asaggynoodle macrumors member

asaggynoodle

I've still yet to find a SINGLE actual real world use with the Force Touch thing. I would have liked to see it user configurable as I find it would be really nice to be able to use it as an extra button or bind it so some kind of command. For example, open a new tab in Chrome or launch System Monitor etc.

I've been using El Capitan since its first Developer Seed and still have not found a use.

6. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

Force touch sux. it's meaningless. moreover, i'm generally not thrilled with the trackpad. people say it's more accurate. i wholeheartedly disagree.